ALERT has just published 2 new IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise) integration statements after successfully completing all their integration tests at the European Connectathon, held in Oxford (UK), from April 7 - 11, 2008.
The Connectathon (Connectivity Marathon) is an event promoted by IHE Europe that brings together around 80 clinical software vendors during an entire week to test their interoperability capabilities.
ALERT was the only Portuguese company at this year's event, and it successfully achieved validation of the following:
- PIX Manager HL7 v3 - patient identifier cross-referencing system (HL7 v3 interface);
- XDS Repository - repository with cross-enterprise document sharing capabilities.
One of the highlights of ALERT participation was the interface validation according to the recent HL7 v3 standard, which is an important step in making this technology available in ALERT® products.
ALERT also participated with a third system - already validated by IHE in previous Connectathon events - which provided assistance to other systems that needed to test their products:
- Content Consumer for EDR - remote access to patient referral documents for hospital Emergency Departments (Referral).
The participation at the European Connectathon also provided ALERT with the opportunity to be invited to other IHE interoperability showcases that will take place in European healthcare information system exhibitions. Therefore, ALERT will be present at:
- HIT - Health Information Technologies in Hopital Expo (HE): Paris (France), May 27 - 30, 2008 (http://www.hopitalexpo-intermedica.com/);
- WHIT - World of Health IT: Copenhagen (Denmark), November 4 - 6, 2008 (http://www.worldofhealthit.org/).
This is the third consecutive year in which ALERT participated in a European Connectathon, maintaining its goal to integrate the most recent standards and integration methods currently in use by the main healthcare software vendors.