ALERT's shareholding structure changed in July. All new shareholders are company employees:
- Cesar Guimaraes - Member of the Board of Directors and C.O.O. - 7.5%
- Nelson Vilhena - Director of Product Design - 1%
- Claudia Silva - Director of Product Development - 1%
- Miguel Rocha - Member of the Board of Directors - 1%
- Marco Alves - Director of Operations - 0.66%
- Sandra Araujo - Director of Commercial Projects - 0.66%
- Augusto Melo - C.F.O. - 0.53%
12,35% of the company is now owned by key employees. The remaining 87,65% is held by its founder and C.E.O., Jorge Guimaraes.
ALERT is dedicated to the development and implementation of ALERT® clinical software products. Headquartered in Porto, the company currently employs over 300 people. Apart from its subsidiaries in the U.S.A. and Spain, ALERT is also negotiating the acquisition of a company in the Netherlands and is starting a company in Singapore. ALERT® has distributors in 26 countries including Europe, North America, Middle East, Asia, and Africa. With gross revenues of U.S. $15 million in 2006, ALERT expects to reach U.S. $25 million in 2007.